Department of Translation faculty of Languages
Prof.Dr. Khalifah Abubaker Khalifah Al-Asswad
Doctor of Phiosophy
Khalifa Al-Aswad is Professor of Translation Studies and Language Planning, Dept. of Translation, University of Tripoli. Mr. Khalifa Al-Aswad has been working full-time at the University of Tripoli as a professor since 09-07-2017 and has many scientific publications in his field of specialization. He supervised twenty-two master's theses in translation studies at the Libyan Academy, during the period from 2003-2017, and discussed and evaluated several master's theses at the Libyan Academy and its two branches in Benghazi and Misurata. Mr. Al-Aswad obtained a PhD in applied linguistics (terminology) from Birckbek College, University of London in 1994, and he had obtained a master's degree in translation and interpreting from Heriot-Watt University in Scotland in 1988.
- Professor of Translation Studies and Language Planning, Dept. of Translation, University of Tripoli, 2002- till now. Duties: Teaching, Graduation Research supervision Undertaking Research.
- A member of the Administrative Committee of the Holy Qur’an Institution in Libya , Tripoli – Libya (2021 - …….)
- A member of the committee of Language Planning at The Arabic Language Academy , Tripoli – Libya. 2019- ……
- Associate Prof. Head of the Dept. of Translation Studies , Academy of Graduate Studies, Libya, 2004-20013. Duties: Teaching, Supervising MA dissertations, Research, Administration
- Lecturer, 1995-2001 Zawia University, Faculty of Arts, Dep. of English.
- Assistant Professor, Head of the Dept. of English , Zawia University, 1997-2001 Duties: Teaching, Training Teachers at In-service Teachers Training Center,
- Teaching ESP for postgraduate students. Administration
- Lecturer, 1994-1995 Sebha University, Faculty of Engineering,
- Teaching ESP for Students of Engineering Sciences. Secondary School Teacher, teaching English at Brack Secondary School and Teachers Training Institute 1981-1985
- A Three Day International Conference Convened by M. Salih, M. S. Abdel Haleem & the Centre of Near & Middle Eastern Studies & the Department of Near & Middle Eastern Studies, 12-14 December 1991, SOAS – University of London. (just attending)
- The First Conference of The Association of Liyan Linguists, at Benghazi University – Libya. On 2002.
- The First ..... Sixth Translation Studies Conferences, at The Libyan Academy of Graduate Studies, Tripoli – Libya 2005-2010.
- The Eighteenth International Conference on Language & Linguistics, Literature and Translation, April 24-26, 2007, Yrmouk University , Irbid- 21163, Jordan.
- A Conference on Terminology Development and Unification in Arabic, The Arabic Language Academy, Tripoli – Libya, 22-23-7/ 2007.
- 2008 (11th) International Conference on Language and Culture, at Fortune Institute of Technology, Daliao Township ,Kaohsiung County 831,Taiwan 2008.
- 3rd International Conference 2012, Translation Technology and Glopalization in Multilingual Context, June 23-26, 2012, organized by Indian Translators Association & LinguaIndia.
- Translation and Interpreting: New Voices in the Marketplace (TINVOM 2015) , 16-18 April 2015, Higher Institute of Human Sciences, Tunis, Universite de Tunis El-Manar, (participating)