The program provides modern information and techniques in the field of obstetrics and gynecology (anatomy and physiology of the female genital organs, diseases of the menstrual cycle and infertility, maternal-fetal medicine, oncology) with diagnosis and treatment.
Using modern methods of learning such as communication skills, use of technology, critical thinking and problem solving.
Introducing modern medical methods and techniques used in the field of obstetrics and gynecology.
● Providing cadres with a deep understanding and a modern perspective of obstetrics and gynecology problems.
● Knowledge of professional ethics and scientific research.
● Rehabilitation of cadres capable of using scientific research methods, writing and evaluating scientific papers in the field of specialization.
By the end of the program the student will be:
- Able to deeply understand the problems of obstetrics and gynecology.
- Able to use scientific research, write and evaluate scientific research.
- Awareness and familiarity with professional ethics and scientific research.
- Examination, diagnosis and treatment of clinical problems of obstetrics and gynecology
- Developing clinical treatment plans in the field of obstetrics and gynecology
- Providing the student with the clinical skills necessary for the doctor to practice his work in the future
- Performing surgeries in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, according to the level of training
- Develop critical thinking skills to make the right clinical decision
Master of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and General Surgery, with a general grade of no less than good, from the University of Tripoli or another university recognized by the University of Tripoli.
2- The applicant must have a grade of no less than good in obstetrics and gynecology.
3- The applicant should have trained in the field of obstetrics and gynecology after completing the internship period for at least 6 months in a teaching hospital inside or outside Libya, and that during this period he should be characterized by good morals and good conduct.
4- The student should be fully affiliated with the university throughout the study period for basic sciences in the first stage of study and training in teaching hospitals throughout the study period for clinical sciences.
5- Approval from the employer for those who practice the profession from outside the university from teaching hospitals.
The Master in Obstetrics and Gynecology prepares students to qualify for Master in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The student studies several subjects which have been carefully chosen in this major to cover its different aspects.
It comprises 4 Semesters of study, in which the student will study a total of 40 units, which include 14 units of general subjects, and 20 major units
Study plan for this program is shown below:
|BIO605||Biochemistry & genetics||02||General||+|
|PHAR606||Pharmacology & pathology||02||General||+|
• Introducing the student to obstetric problems.• Providing the student with examination, diagnosis and treatment skills• Developing clinical treatment plans in the field of obstetrics and gynecology