Word Of the Dean Faculty of Nursing
Strategic Planning is vital for any organization. In education sector, it is important to develop in order to adapt to the changing expectations of the society and evolving professional demands. The recently concluded workshop on strategic planning sets to articulate the Faculty of Nursing institutional priorities, which guide what we do to deliver our mission and further our education legacy. I am pleased to report that the University has just completed its 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. This periodic assessment was timely as it coincided with the Faculty of Nursing application for accreditation. It is my hope that we can together build on the inspiration and insights gained from this strategic plan to grow in success and significance.
University of Tripoli, Faculty of Nursing, as a model institution in Instruction, Training, Extension and Research.
The University Of Tripoli Faculty Of Nursing endeavors to provide quality education through its academic programs by developing analytical skills in the practice of nursing relevant to the provision of quality health care.
To provide a competency based curriculum which shall offer sound academic and professional foundation for the practice of nursing that is sensitive and acceptable to diverse population.
1. To promote state-of-the art facilities that will enable the Faculty of Nursing to meet international standards in delivering academic programs.
2. To provide dedicated and qualified teaching staff who will provide quality nursing education and excellent training.
3. To recruit, retain and develop teaching staff by providing continuous professional education program.
4. To establish a unit that would focus on quality assurance and accreditation that will promote dynamic and service-oriented leadership.
To produce professional nurses who are well equipped with adequate knowledge, skills and proper attitude to meet the demands and challenges of times.
1. To nurture students holistically, abreast with the current trends of providing excellent client care.
2. To model the personal attributes of honesty and integrity in relationships with clients, members of the health care team and communities.
3. To exhibit a strong self-awareness to form the basis for a self-directed, lifelong engagement and involvement in the nursing profession.
To contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and practice through the support of research activities conducted by the faculty and students.
1. To provide avenues such as publishing research papers in scientific journals; conducting, attending, and presenting scientific papers in conferences and seminars.
2. To establish linkage locally and internationally with other government and non-government agencies to seek research grants and other related support services.
3. To enhance the growth of the Faculty of Nursing through benchmarking with other Universities and Organizations.