Department of Preventive Medicine Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Mansur Ennuri Moftah Shmela
Doctor of Phiosophy
Mansur Shmela is one of the staff members at the department of Preventive Medicine faculty of Veterinary Medicine. He is working as a since 2014-09-02. He teaches several subjects in his major and has several publications in the field of his interest.
He got a job as a demonstrator in the faculty of Veterinary Medicine, at Tripoli University Libya. Then a lecturer after he got Master and PhD degrees in Genetics. Now he is an assistant professor in Genetics and Animal Breeding.
His research of interest at the time being is focused on:
- Mechanisms of epigenetic markers (DNA methylation, Histone modification, non-coding RNA, chromatin looping……) in genomic imprinting.
- DNA methylation defects in Fetal growth disorders.
- Potential Link of Short Tandem Repeat (STRs) with diseases in Libya.
- Brest Cancer and Vitamin D.
- Genetic Mutations of non-syndromic Hearing Loss in Libyan families.
- Blood Profile in normal one-humped dromedary (Camelus Dromedarius) camels in Libya.
Consultant and the Director of the Laboratories and Technical Affairs Department at the National Authority of DNA Fingerprinting Research and Analysis, Tripoli Libya.