Department of Nuclear Engineering Faculty of Engineering
Ahmed Shawki Mohamed Elamin Abubaker Habib
Doctor of Phiosophy
Ahmed Shawki Habib is one of the staff members at the department of 9 faculty of 2. He is working as a since 2016-06-08. He teaches several subjects in his major and has several puplications in the field of his interest.
- Faculty staff member, Department of Nuclear Engineering, from 2016 to present.
- Head of Nuclear Engineering Department August 2018 - April 2022.
- Study Program Coordinator, Department of Nuclear Engineering - April 2022 to the present.
Measurement of natural radionuclide (NORM) concentrations in environmental samples, water, food and air.
- Radiological survey and measurements of natural radioactive elements in the oil and gas industry.
- Measurements of cosmic rays and their effect on humans on Earth.
- Cosmic ray dose measurements in space.
- radiation applications.
- Applications and uses of radiation detectors.
- Radiation detector response simulation.
- Simulation of radiation interactions in different materials.
- Referee to some local and Arab periodicals and local conferences in the field of radiation applications.
- Participation in the preparation of the naturally occurring radioactive materials management program in some oil fields.
- Supervising the clean-up processes of some oil fields contaminated with natural radionuclides (NORM).
- Measurement of radioactive samples for a number of organizations.
- Implementation of training courses in the field of radiation protection and radiological survey.