The message of this program is the message of the Arabic language throughout history, and it can be summed up in caring for and advancing it, because it is the language of the Holy Qur’an, the language of the country for which we live and defend, and the language of the nation to which we belong, and it is a strong Arab bond that represents unity, strength and sublimity. Therefore, this program is designing to graduate scholars and experts in the Arabic language who are committed to spiritual, moral, intellectual and creative excellence.
The PhD program in Literature aims to teach specialized subjects in the fields of Arabic literature. The Department of Arabic Language aspires to excellence and leadership in preparing the student to be able to analyze, discuss and compare objectively the characteristics, trends and development of Arabic literature throughout historical ages, and the characteristics and methods of literary genres in ancient and modern Arabic. .
Through this program candidates are trained in research methods to prepare them for the challenging task of producing original research in the form of a dissertation that includes areas in which scholars of the literature may specialize.
- The presence of cadres specialized in Arabic literature
- Creating a generation that bears the banner of the Arabic language and its protector.
- The ability to analyze literary and navigate the depth of the language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Arabic literature and its critical issues, past and present.
- The ability to explain.
- The ability to find appropriate scientific solutions.
- To be able to be creative in creating a parallel critical text.
- The ability to interpret and clarify information.
- The ability to reach objective results.
- Ability to understand monetary issues.
- The ability to analyze, understand and draw conclusions
- The ability to analyze literary and creative texts.
- Acquisition of teaching and scientific research skills that enhance professional skills.
- The ability to do questionnaires and research papers.
- To have the ability to deal with students.
- Dealing with modern technical means.
- Writing research and presenting information using modern technical means.
PhD in Literature
- The student must have a master’s degree in literature.
- The student is subjected to an admission test by a program conducted by the relevant department.
The PhD in Arabic Literature prepares students to qualify for PhD in Arabic Literature. The student studies several subjects which have been carefully chosen in this major to cover its different aspects.
It comprises 16 Semesters of study, in which the student will study a total of 24 units, which include 0 units of general subjects, and 24 major units
Study plan for this program is shown below:
|604||Theories and Doctrines Reviews||03||Compulsory||+|
|607||Rhetoric and Stylistics||03||Compulsory||+|
|608||The Rhetorical Miracle||03||not defined||+|